Click here for an CycleVIN Motorcycle History Report on this 2005 MV Agusta F4 1000 Tamburini. Additional photos are available here for your perusal.
When MV Agusta released the F4 1000 in 2005, they released two limited edition models alongside the regular “S” bike. One was the AGO – the first 300 models built. The other was the Tamburini, a $42,695 sculpture named for the iconic designer who called this “My dream. My bike.” Just 300 were produced, 59 of which were imported to the US.
Top speed was 190.6 miles per hour thanks to 172 horsepower from the inline four engine. MV debuted their Torque Shift System, which was able to vary the intake trumpet length dependent on speed to maximize torque. All bodywork is carbon fiber, making this bike light (403 pounds) and gorgeous (see for yourself).
For more on this limited edition MV, check out this article on Cycle World, where author (and current Editor-in-Chief) Mark Hoyer says “there is a lot you can buy for $42,695. None of it is as beautiful or exciting as the MV Agusta F4 1000 Tamburini, a very special, limited-production version of the F4 1000 S, which itself already is a very special, limited-production motorcycle…if you want one, pick up the phone now. You may already be too late..”
This example is VIN: ZCGAKFGL75V000254. “The bike was purchased from a private collector in Dallas Texas in 2018. I was told the original owner, who was also a collector, lived in Dallas Texas as well.”
“The bike has had a recent full service, including several safety upgrades.
– External and internal tank fuel lines have been changed along with a new factory fuel filter (Upgraded with Gates barrier brand fuel lines to provide ethanol resistance)
– OEM brand, metal quick disconnect fuel tank fittings were installed in lieu of the factory plastic units so they will no longer break due to age/heat exposure (Proper OEM Loctite thread sealant was used).
– Jet Prime brand billet aluminum high flow water pump was installed along with Samco brand black silicone coolant hoses and Engine Ice non-corrosive coolant (Upgrade done to improve engine cooling over stock form and protect the aluminum block)
– Jet Prime brand billet aluminum rear wheel hub/bearing assembly (Installed to upgrade from failure prone stock unit)
– MV Agusta OEM upgraded shifter detent spring (Installed to upgrade from failure prone stock unit)
– Muzzy aluminum lower fan blade (OEM fan blades are plastic and the lower blade becomes warped, deformed and melted by the heat from the exhaust headers)
– DNA brand high performance, washable/reusable air filter
– Michelin Power RS tires (2 years old with less than 200 miles on them)
– Oil and hydraulic fluids changed.”
“The bike sports some very tasteful cosmetic upgrades with no permanent modifications made to the bike and all original parts are included with the sale.”
MV Agusta OEM SPR windscreen (lower profile first generation factory windscreen and impossible to find). I think the lower profile windscreen looks far better than the late 1000 series double bubble version. Plus, the painted part of the windscreen actually matches the painted frame parts unlike the stock windscreen – Pristine original windscreen included
Custom-installed 3M paint protection film on pretty much every part of the bike that would be exposed to abrasions or road debris. All painted surfaces have also been coated with Ceramic Pro automotive coating so there should never be a reason to wax or buff on this bike as you enjoy it. Most dirt, bugs, smudges can be removed with clean, soft water or an approved ceramic coating quick detailer and a micro fiber towel.
Melotti Italy billet aluminum license plate bracket (tucked design with no turn signals). “I even sourced the hard to find factory connectors to use with the aftermarket taillight as to avoid altering the factory wiring harness.”
High quality LED front mirror turn signal bulbs (superbrightleds brand) – Original bulbs included. High quality LED compatible turn signal flasher relay (superbrightleds brand) – Original flasher relay included.
Not pictured are billet aluminum seat assembly pins (factory ones are plastic and break).
Per the seller: “Some small scratches on the exhaust tips, strange spotting in the anodization on the flat portions of the rear wheel spokes (appears to be a factory defect), small scratch on the back of the painted portion of the currently installed windscreen several barely noticable rock chips that have been professionally touched up on the nose where there was no paint protection film originally. Some small touched up areas on the paint on the swing arm up near the front top of the swing arm.”
The sale includes all original accessories that came with the bike:
– Original MV Agusta Arrow RG3 exhaust (installed)
– Original MV Agusta titanium catless mid pipe (installed)
– Two factory keys
– All factory books and tools
– Special Tamburini carbon fiber plaque and numbered certificate in leather bound case with slip cover
– Special Tamburini dealer brochure
– MV Agusta special parts brochure from 2005
– MV Agusta general model brochure from 2005
– MV Agusta special parts grip covers
– MV Agusta factory rear stand
– MV Agusta factory Tamburini bike cover (good usable condition but has a few oil stains and several tear repairs, please see pictures)
The following factory spare parts are included with the bike:
– NOS factory Tamburini side fairings
– NOS MV Agusta Corse carbon fiber belly pan (unpainted)
– NOS factory Tamburini left hand mirror (one with Tamuburini text on it)
– NOS MV Agusta Corse seat set (black leather/neoprene seat, black alcantara pad, Impossible to find MV part)
– NOS factory MV Agusta stock clutch basket
– NOS various seals
– NOS rear axle with nuts
– Like new, take off headlight assembly
– Like new spare axle nuts
The following additional parts/accessories are also included in the sale:
– Like new Pitbull rear stand
– Microtech ECU w/ auto tune capability and quick shifter (currently uninstalled/original cost was over $1300. Fully programmable to fix fuel curves and prevent the bike from running so hot along with the ability to disable the EBS (slipper clutch alternative system))
– New, uninstalled EVR slipper clutch kit
Things missing and NOT included with bike
– MV Agusta shipping crate
– Original catalyic converter mid pipe
– Original DOT exhaust
The seller sums up his bike by saying, “not many Tamburinis are in this condition and in this kind of rideable state. Many have sat their entire life and are in need of a major service in order to be rideable. The bike has always been stored in a climate controlled environment since the current owner took possession in 2018 and it appears that it was stored most of its life in a similar situation due to the overall pristine condition of the metal and magnesium parts on the bike.”